Do you need more money fast?
Here is what we will be doing to make money fast, I’ll provide a final total after we complete it:
$100 Free with ING
Here’s what you need to do:
- Open an everyday account and put the promo code CNW116 in the promo box (you must use the code to get the $100 bonus) and complete all the steps below in the first month.
- Deposit $1,000 into the account such as your income or Centrelink payments
- Make 5 settled transactions
- Open a Savings Maximiser (current interest rate is 5.5%)
- Make a deposit into the Savings Maximiser
Then you get your $100 the following month when the promotion is running. Promotion periods vary. The current promotion runs until October 31, 2023.
1. Check Unclaimed Money
Superannuation is the first one people think of when checking for unclaimed money, it is not the only unclaimed money you can have.
Check your superannuation, consolidate it and review how it is doing, plus consider doing a co-contribution to boost it.
– Check your wallet and paperwork for any Medicare receipts or health insurance receipts then process them.
– Use a service like your state’s revenue office to check for unclaimed money.
I did a quick search for unclaimed money through each state instead of just the one and discovered I had $200 sitting there from my lawyer a few years back I was unaware of which didn’t show up in the ‘Australia wide” search.
I made the claim, filled in the forms and sent it off.
2. Sell Anything You Can
Go through every room in the house, remove anything not in use and sell it.
We have clothing, toys and some kitchen items.
We only moved here in December so don’t have a huge assortment of things to get rid of. Every bit helps though!
List it on eBay, Gumtree or buy/sell/swap sites. Check out ways to sell your stuff or space here.
3. Utilise Gift Cards
How many gift cards do you have lying around?
How many reward programs are you signed up to with points waiting to be cashed in?
How many online surveys have you done which could be cashed in?
Check everything, use the gift cards that are ones you will use, sell the others and cash in your survey points.
If you are looking for survey sites to try, check out our recommendations here.
4. Bank Sign Up Bonuses
ING are offering $100 for a limited time with a few steps, as mentioned above.
They had a sign up bonus at the time I joined over a decade ago and they’ve been great since.
You can easily do banking at the post office, have ATM fees waived and other bonuses at times.
There will be more I do to make money in a fast money challenge over 10 days, this is the starting point and 4 things I thought you might be able to do too.
Have you done any of these to get money fast?
For more ways to make and save money follow us on social media: